1. Sterilize glass jam jars & lids in boiling water
2. Measure EXACTLY 4 cups of crushed raspberries
and EXACTLY 6 ½ cups of sugar into separate containers initially to
be safe. Mix berries and sugar. Heat mixture on high until it reaches a full
rolling boil stirring constantly.
3. Pour contents of one CERTO 3 oz. pouch into the boiling
mixture. Bring to a full rolling boil again while stirring (mixture should
be frothing). Boil for 1 minute stirring constantly then remove from heat. DON'T
4. Skim foam on top then fill jars to within 1/8 inch of
top and screw on lids. Invert jars for 5 minutes then turn upright. Jars may
be stored at room temperature now. The natural acids in raspberries will
prevent formation of molds. This recipe makes 7 cups of finished jam.
5. If your jam fails to gel (this happens occasionally)
consider using this mixture as an excellent syrup for pancakes or waffles.
Just reheat and use just a small amount of cornstarch (a tablespoon or so)
to thicken as needed.