Zuni Rolls with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
Smoked Turkey, Cheese, and Bacon Tortilla Rolls
For chipotle sauce:
For Zuni rolls
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup Ruby Port
- 1 drained canned whole chipotle chili in adobo
- 2 scallions
- two 9- to 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup coarsely grated Havarti (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced smoked turkey breast
- 6 slices crisp-cooked bacon
Make chipotle sauce: In a small saucepan combine sauce ingredients and simmer,
stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. In a blender or food
processor puree sauce and strain through a fine sieve into a bowl.
Make Zuni rolls: Finely chop scallions.
Arrange tortillas on a work surface and divide Havarti, turkey, bacon, and
scallions evenly between them. Drizzle some chipotle sauce over filling and
gently roll up tortillas. In a lightly oiled skillet toast rolls, starting
with seam sides down, over moderately high heat, turning them, until golden on
all sides, about 3 minutes. Diagonally halve tortillas crosswise and serve
remaining sauce separately.